Is there a difference between goals and resolutions? YES!!
According to the wiki dictionary
- Resolution refers to a firm decision to do or not to do something.
- Goal refers to the object of a person’s ambition or effort; an aim or desired result.
So now I do not have any resolutions for 2014 (this is my default response when anyone asks me).
I do have goals though. Goals that I have been marinating over but have procrastinated. Been lazy. Been scared.
Just random thoughts that may be goals but definitely not resolutions
- To show love continuously: To my husband, my family and my friends. Call them, visit them. Whatsapp is not enough. Neither is email!
- To resign from my job.
- To save enough to travel to the US this year. *fingers crossed*
- To finally finish reading Atlas Shrugged. I WILL DO IT!!
- To pay more attention to the NSE.
As for the blog – I really feel the need to be completely honest and open with you guys. I have realised that there is a tendency on social media to only show what we want people to see, the good things. Sometimes, I even delete posts. You guys may not realise this but I really self censor because of how anonymity makes commenters bold – bold enough to talk nonsense. And I have made it a skill to avoid such situations, even on twitter.
However, I need to be fearless! And be the kind of blogger I was once! AARRGGHH! I am woman, hear me roar…
I hope to try and be truthful. I also will try and blog more because I kinda fell off the wagon towards the end of last year.